Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fullness at His Feet

Play the triangle at the bottom of this frame to hear the song...

Servant Of All - Misty Edwards from Forerunner Music on Vimeo.



Servant of All by Misty Edwards

I wanna be with You
where You are
You're the Servant of all

I'm in love with a King
who became a slave
And I'm love with a God
who is humble
And you gotta go down
if you wanna go up
And you've got to go lower
if you want to go higher and higher
And you've got to hide and do it in secret
if you wanna be seen by God

Cos' it's the inside, outside, upside down kingdom
where you lose to gain and you die to live

I wanna be Your lover
so show me how to go how to go lower
For in the depths I will find You
where You're serving my brothers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's not easy laying it down every day.
Wow.
Its sooo hard...

Choosing to go into or to stay in places where pain or the woundedness of the world is found... Many times recently I have wanted to shake off the yucky places of this world and just walk on by--maybe sprint back to the comfortable places where I know life "worked so well".

A daily challenge.

I need this reminder and God has been speaking it so clearly to me in the past months:

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world,yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:24-26

One thing I have and I am currently experiencing however is, the "finding" of Life (in surrender or service that lays "me" aside) is so much greater than the losing. Real satisfaction, true JOY, amazing fellowship with a living God bubbles up here--that living water Jesus talked about.


I was just reminded today that life through/in Christ is like a river that rushes to the lowest place.

The lower the place,
the fuller it will become with His living water
(the fullness of His presence)
as His river of living water rushes in.
That's where I want to choose to be...

May we make conscious decisions to go to the lower place
--instead of
the shining place,
or maybe the pleasurable place,
the place of escape,
the prominent place,
the place at the top of that social ladder,
the place of revelling in our own giftings,
or, perhaps,a place of savouring past hurts and wounds,
perhaps a place that only may contain our own desires and wants

--the list could go on and on--

and yet--

there's a different destination than what our culture and time, "the world" has to offer--

but where we'll find the sweetness of our Saviour...at His feet...

pouring out our lives

like water...

and finding that

Life

Overflows

in the Deep Waters there...



Blessings,

Gillian

2 comments:

ally said...

Gillian,
What a gift you have! You should gather your writings together and publish a devotional. I'd be the first to buy it. I check your blog every day in anticipation of a new post. It is like fresh water in the desert of my life right now. Thank-you for constantly bringing me back to the Savior's feet.
Love,
Ally

Anonymous said...

Gillian,
My name is Lori Pierce. My husband and I met your husband and Bruik and Ava at an Aug Americn World adoption seminar. I the time we were stuck on China but now God is opening our hearts to new places. We would love to talk with you if you get a chance. You can email me at Hayden01@tds.net or call at 754-5169.
Thanks,
Lori