Saturday, March 30, 2013

Nursery Life in our Little Cottage


Today we readied a nursery in our little cottage. Life in this missionary home has been so sweet.





This is no "Pottery Barn" undertaking, not a catalog will be opened. This room and this baby's life will be full of love...of family...of creativity...of nurture...and joy.  Our hope was to create~ PLACE.  A safe and restful  haven of sorts where soul and mind could rest... and delight in adoration of a new child.
Knowing that this is a rescue... That this one would not have a pillow, or a blanket, or a bed to call, "my own". Makes every element in this room...almost...sacred.
And because I am nesting, I am going over every little onsie and folding the cloth diapers and sage green,yellow, and ivory blankets into neat little piles.  Every single item that has been given to us to use for baby has been in these colors...is that not a kiss from God? It all looks so subtle and soft and yummy together.

It is not lost on me, that Resurrection Day is tomorrow.

And that in part, this day is all about adoption.

My adoption into God's incredible family.

And that Jesus is nesting for me!

Preparing Place in a Kingdom Family.

Oh how I love His family! Oh the JOY in the Father's House!!

Oh how I long to share this JOY once more with another soul and priceless life brought into our fold here at the Tucker home. What an honor it is to know once more we will get to rock and whisper prayers in little ears and hush fears in the name of Jesus and huggle and snuggle and joy over a life rescued unto Fullness of Life in Jesus.

The most precious preparations of course are the ones I am doing when my hands are not busy, when the lights are low...and I sit in one of the chairs above enjoying talking with Jesus...adoring...worshiping...
Preparing Place in my Heart for HIM.
Ensuring my focus is not just on Earthly preparations but those of the heart.
And of course... praying for this new little one.
Who now is a child of my heart.

How I love baby already!
How can this be?
But it is truly so.
The Mama's heart FALLS HARD and falls quickly in love with a new child.

And if you have not adopted before...
The hormone "rides" and the heart leaps and the sheer delight of it all
Is QUITE LIKE the tummy born child.
A child of the Heart is every bit "my own" LONG before we ever hear their cries.

I am in love with a tiny person who lives in a womb. :)
I am in love with a baby who will carry my love forever.

Come, Baby.
We love you.
We want to cover you with our name and surround you with our love.
For always.

Come, Sweetie.
We want to sing you lullabies softly in the middle of the night.
To know the hushed halls of evening song again.
(and we'll take the sleepless hazy dazy...cause we love you so)

Mommy and Daddy LOVE you, darling.
And we know you need to be safe...
We will see that you are.

Come, sweet Baby.
It's only a matter of weeks now!
You are loved....

" In my Father's house there are many resting-places. Were it otherwise, I would have told you; for I am going to make ready a place for you." (John 14:2)







No comments: