Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Child of Wonder....Child of God....Oh, my Boys...

Cute Little Boys!!


Three of the Tucker brothers share a room.

10,7,and 6 year olds

And last night they made me laugh!!

We were going through the evening routine when the subject of marriage came up.  :)


Jack, all business announces, "Marriage, yeah..."He saunters over to his lower bunk and swings himself in... "I've got that ALL figured out."

 "Oh, really?"  I laugh :)

"YEAH!" Bruik peeks out of his covers, Big almond eyes shining with excitement,

"ME TOO!"...He exhales....I'm going to be

RICH.

(oh,NO, I'm thinking....we've got alot of training to do here!!)

But he stands up on his covers and declares,

"Yeah, I'm gonna be RICH cause I'm going to marry my wife and we are going to take care of hundreds of babies"

"Yep,...me too"  Jack still so matter of fact..."gonna adopt alot of kids and take care of them."

Bigger bother chimes in from the top bunk...

"Well, I'm making a list...I may not know her YET...but maybe I MIGHT..."  He stuffs his head into his pillow while his brothers explode with OHHHHHhhhhhh noises and reved up laughter

...bigger brother turns a shade of light red....

He stuffs his head in the pillow to not reveal any more sound of heartstrings playing...and we hear "Well, I am making a list."

They all calm for a second in the midst of some hyper giggles to each give sweet lists of who they pray God will pick for them in their future wife...

And I am thankful, honored to be sitting a bottom bunk in the midst of lego creations,army men, books, and paper airplanes...suddenly not so rushed to keep to the schedule...we dream of courting and dates, and beautiful ladies who are kind and generous, who love Jesus with all their hearts, and who love my boys...

 And I am thankful I get to be their girl first...

They listen to sappy stories...about how Daddy and I first met ....and how we "knew"

They grin ...my junior knights...

How blessed three fair maidens will be one day...

The moment is mist  --in just a moment laughing returns

and body noises replace deep heart sharing...:)

Yep, time to get these guys tucked in...

But to go off to pray and wonder over precious destinies of the boys I get to steward...

The weight of the day has all fallen off in the past minutes...what glory can surprise us in our every day moments!!

Blessings to the boys in your camp!!

Treasure Em :)

Take it from a mama who now buys shaving cream for her oldest son

It "all" is over...in just

Moments...

Treasure them

Love, Gillian




Remember me
In a Bible cracked and faded by the years
Remember me
In a santuary filled with silent prayers

CHORUS:
And age to age
And heart to heart
Bound by grace and peace
Child of wonder, Child of God
I'll remember you
Remember Me

Remember me
When the color of the sunset fills the sky
Remember me
When you pray and the tears of joy
fall from your eyes

CHORUS

Remember me
When the children leave
their Sunday school with smiles
Remember me
When they're old enough to teach
Old enough to preach
Old enough to leave

CHORUS

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God

Remember me

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God

No comments: