Friday, March 27, 2009

He always states it best...Isaiah 61

To begin, let me use, HIS words...


Word He has spoken and sung to my heart...Whisper --sometimes a shout of a promise... Word, even now He is weaving,revealing in the story of my Life...Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening...



(the anointed one speaks this, and my heart is for Him)


The Spirit of the
SOVEREIGN Lord is on
me,
because the Lord has
anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.

He has sent me to bind up
the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for
the captives
and release from darkness
for the prisoners,

to proclaim the year of the
Lord's favor
and the day of vengeance
of our God.

to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion--
to bestow on them a crown
of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of
despair.

They will be called oaks of
righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of HIS splendor.

They will rebuild the ancient
ruins
and restore the places long devastated:

they will renew the ruined
cities
that have been devastated
for generations

Isaiah 61:1-4

Love, Gillian

No comments: